Job Title: Storeman
Division: Weir Minerals
For Other More Jobs Click HERE.
Purpose of Role: The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Senior Inventory Controller/ Inventory Supervisor in the day-to-day activities on picking, cycle counting, inbounding & shipping the items.
Why choose Weir:
Be part of a global organisation dedicated to building a better future: At Weir, the growing world depends on us. It depends on us constantly reinventing, quickly adapting and continually finding better, faster, more sustainable ways to access the resources it needs to thrive. And it depends on each of us doing the best work of our lives. It’s a big challenge – but it is exciting.
An opportunity to grow your own way: Everything moves fast in the dynamic world of Weir. This creates opportunities for us to take on new challenges, explore new areas, learn, progress and excel. Best of all, there is no set path that our people must take. Instead, everyone is given the support and freedom to tailor-make their own career and do the best work of their lives.
Feel empowered to be yourself and belong: Weir is a welcoming, inclusive place, where each individual’s contribution is recognized and all employees are encouraged to innovate, collaborate and be themselves. We continually focus on people and their wellbeing. We believe in fairness and choose to be honest, transparent and authentic in everything we do.
- Demonstrate 100% commitment to our zero harm behaviors in support of our drive towards developing a world class safety culture. Adhere to all Safety Health Environment (SHE) and housekeeping requirements at the branch and customer sites at all times. Adhere to Duty of Care Policy at all times. Keep contract packs up to date.
- Receiving components and materials from inter-company and external suppliers. Issuing components and materials to the Shop Floor as specified by the Job Card in a timely manner to meet repair and refurbishing schedules.
- Goods inwards documentation checking, goods checking and acceptance of all deliveries to stock.
- Ensuring the Senior Inventory controller/ Inventory Supervisor are informed of low stock and other shortages which may require re-ordering.
- Ensure all products are suitably packaged and that delivery service used is adequate to meet customer requirements.
- Performing any other duties that may be deemed necessary to ensure the effective running of the Department and
Job Knowledge/Education and Qualifications:
- Valid Forklift licence
- Valid drivers license
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing skills
- Good verbal and written communication
- Basic Computer literacy
- Customer Oriented and ability to work under pressure
Weir Minerals is a leading solutions supplier providing smart, efficient and sustainable original equipment and aftermarket services to the global mining and construction aggregates industry. We work in partnership with our customers to solve their challenges and deliver end-to-end solutions for all minerals processing, dewatering, slurry transportation, crushing and grinding, and sustainable waste management activities.
For additional information about what it is like to work at Weir, please visit our
LinkedIn Life Page
Weir is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, family responsibility, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, HIV status, conscience, belief, political opinion, culture, language, birth or on any other arbitrary ground.