For Other More Jobs Click HERE.
Gentek is a leading manufacturer and distributor of vinyl/aluminum siding and windows and other exterior home improvement products. With 3 manufacturing facilities and 22 distribution branches in Canada we are well-positioned to provide our customers with the best products and a superior service experience.
At Gentek Building Products, we’ve made a commitment to our customers that they can rely on us to provide the quality exterior home improvement products they need. But that’s not enough. For us to be considered as their business partner, we know we also need to ensure that every transaction with us, at every point of contact, equates to a superior service experience, and that’s where our great employees come in.
Maybe you are just the person to join our team? Keep reading!
We are looking for General Labourers to join the team at our unionized vinyl siding manufacturing facility in Burlington, Ontario!
- Pack finished product on extrusion lines
- Monitor and check product quality
- Responsible for all aspects of product packaging, including making boxes, crating, labeling, identification and reporting
- $22.73/hour to start with a $1.00/hr increase after 9 months ($23.73/hr), plus $0.75/hr premium when working the afternoon shift and $1.00/hr premium when working the night shift
- Full-time, 40 hours/week
- Great benefits with 100% company paid premiums and pension plan with 100% employer contributions!!!
- Must be able and willing to work required weekly rotating shifts: Days (8am – 4pm), Afternoons (4pm – 12am), and Nights (12am – 8am).
- Physically demanding job: Position requires repetitive movements, standing and walking for prolonged periods of time, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to 50 lbs regularly
- Very fast-paced environment
- Personal Protective Equipment must be worn as assigned by the Company including but not limited to safety glasses, steel-toed safety shoes and hearing protection
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous production experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment an asset
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and work flexible hours when required
Our people are the difference. If you are qualified, please apply with resume and cover letter describing your experience and your interest in working with us at Gentek Building Products. If your qualifications are a match, you will be contacted.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.