For Other More Jobs Click HERE.
Rare Finds is a diverse collection of resorts celebrating the individuality and unique identity of a destination, with a distinct ability to captivate the imagination, and bring to the forefront the essence of a place.
Authentic and captivating, Bab Al Shams Desert Resort is a truly magical destination, where expertly curated itineraries and bespoke entertainment are the beating heart of our legendary desert-based destination. Part of our unique Rare Finds collection, the essence of Bab Al Shams joins our guests together to discover the most soulful experiences and humbling journeys, set against Dubai’s endless dunes and rich culture.
About The Role
Transports the food and equipment from the resort in a courteous, professional, efficient and safe way and flexible service, consistently ensuring smooth operation in the department.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
• To adhere to the section’s Standard Operating Procedures at all times
- To be aware of the departmental fire evacuation procedures and participate in regular departmental fire drills
- To be aware of local market competition, to monitor trends within the industry and make suggestions how these could be implemented in our hotel
- To be innovative, suggesting new ideas and investigating new ways of doing things or new services for our guests
- Ensures that the level of service that is delivered to guest upon arrival and departure is in a safe and professional manner, aiming to exceed guest expectations as they are the first and last impression of the hotel.
- Ensures that all guests are given a friendly, courteous, informative and efficient service, on airport / chauffer and shuttle service transfers,
- Ensures that standards are maintained to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Takes the vehicles to the car wash on a regular basis making sure they are clean from inside and outside at all times.
- Maintains productivity of car and fills up fuel regularly and reports to Assistant Chief Steward.
- Enters in the logbook all trip’s made: departure time, mileage, time of return, purpose of trip, etc.
- Liaises with the Assistant Manager for all work details before start of duty.
- Works in co-operation with all other departments in the hotel.
- Reports any accident involving hotel’s car to the Assistant Chief Steward.
- Assists in loading and unloading equipment and food to and from the vehicles.
- Drives safely at all times adhering to all traffic laws and speed limits keeping in mind the safety of the guests and maintain the vehicles in proper shape.
- Ensures that all passengers have fastened seatbelts (where fitted) prior to commencing journey.
- Ensures Rules & Regulations stipulated by the Dubai Municipality (Hotel & Traffic Department) are followed consistently.
- Knows all the roads in Dubai and also be familiar with roads in other Emirates.
- Avoids using the mobile phone when guests are in the vehicle and always use the hands free set whilst driving.
- Adheres to the given schedule keeping in mind heavy traffic during rush hours.
- Carries a company mobile phone at all times in order to be reachable whilst out of the hotel.
- Keeps close communication with the Assistant Manager regarding last minute changes or delays etc.
- Carries their valid UAE driving license at all times whilst on duty.
- Observes traffic rules and regulations.
- Takes part in internal training sessions and any training courses related to the day-to-day work.
- Maintains vehicle temperature as per DM required standards.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Complete Secondary School Education.
- 1 year in similar position in 5 start hotel.
- Valid UAE driving licence 3 and 5.
Join a team that is warm, caring, connected and empowered to create truly unique experiences. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.